Margarita Pizza with Whole Wheat & Honey Crust
This delicious and healthy make-ahead dough is so easy-going, you don't even have to knead it. Add your favourite toppings and have some fun.
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 5 hours (including rising time)
Servings: 4 to 6
all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
active dry yeast
diced Italian tomatoes
- Stir honey into water in a small cup until dissolved. Stir the flours, salt and yeast together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the water and honey until well incorporated. It should look sticky. Cover the bowl and let it rest on the counter for at least 4 and as much as 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Purée tomatoes with salt in a small blender. Reserve.
- Generously sprinkle the counter with flour, then scrape the dough onto the counter. Sprinkle the top generously with flour. The dough will be wobbly, more so the longer it has risen. Roll into a 14-inch circle then transfer to perforated pizza pan.
- Spread about half of tomato sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Top with basil leaves.
- Avoid overloading the dough with cheese to keep it from getting soggy.